2nd Batch Abstract Submission Deadline: 21st June 2019
Welcome to ICA REGIONAL CONFERENCE 2019
“Searching for the Next Level of Human Communication:
Human, Social, and Neuro (Society 5.0)”
The Association of Communication Higher Education in Indonesia (Asosiasi Pendidikan Tinggi Ilmu Komunikasi – ASPIKOM) will be hosting the Regional Conference 2019 in collaboration with International Communication Association (ICA) on October, 16-18, 2019. Located in Nusa Dua, Bali, a place well-known for its exotic beaches, the Conference will be attended by hundreds of participants around the globe; researchers, academicians, practitioners, students, policymakers and many more.
The proliferation of technological development has led to a revolution in the way people communicate. We will explore the next level of human communication by exploring neurotechnology, an innovation driven by enabling high-end technologies as a basis of communicating between people and computers. In the past information society, the common practice was to collect information via the network and have it analyzed by humans; now people, things, and systems are all connected in cyberspace and optimal results obtained by artificial intelligence (AI) exceeding the capabilities of humans are fed back to physical space. This process brings new value to industry and society in ways not previously possible.
In short, emerging neurotechnologies and the World Wide Web’s evolutionary process have the potential to allow access to at least some components of mental information as well as the power to effect modified business practices and societal empowerment. While these advances can be greatly beneficial for individuals and society, they also have the potential to be misused, creating unprecedented threats to the freedom of thought, freedom of expression, and to individuals’ capacity to self-determination behavior.
Thus, the broad themes for this exploration and examination include, but are not limited to :
- Communication industry 5.0 and beyond
- Social-cultural 5.0 and the implications
- The digitization of content; competencies and Ethics
- Governance 5.0 politics and good public governance
- Entrepreneurship 5.0
- Special issues (global, national, or local level)
400-500 word abstracts are invited on the subject areas. The presenters are encouraged to use diverse methodologies, exploring both the theoretical and the practical side.
- All payment is in US Dollar
- The tier is determined by the country in which the delegates currently live and not their countries of origin. The list of countries by tier can be viewed on the ICA website here : https://www.icahdq.org/page/tiers
- Delegates from the same institution can register as a group (five attendees for the price of four)
- Any individual who comes from the same institution can attend, yet certificate will be issued to each person specified at the time of registration
- Registration fees includes seminar kits, book of abstract, food as mentioned in the program and access to conference sessions, excluding the accommodation.
|Category (in US$)||Tier A||Tier B||Tier C|
|Early Bird *||Reguler **||Early Bird *||Reguler **||Early Bird *||Reguler **|
|a||Full Time Academics/Faculty Members||200||250||150||200||100||150|
|c||Students With Proof Of Identity||150||200||125||150||100||125|